Thursday, October 15, 2009

life is busy...

So-today was actually a pretty chill day, and over the course of the afternoon, I was able to realize that life is busy! After this weekend/fall break, we have about 5 weeks of class left here at Carroll, thus wrapping up my first semester as a full time res life professional. Whew! Where did the time go? I'll tell you:
-office time
-staff time
-hall council
-student conduct board
-being on duty (I've gotten more duty calls this year than I've ever gotten...which makes sense because it's for a whole campus...but none the less...just sayin)
-Planning the Homecoming Dance
-Programs
-Working out

That about sums up my life and where it goes during the day! However, I can't believe that it's all gone as fast as it has! A bit that disturbs me is that I don't have a lot of "christ focused" things on there-which I fully intend to work on. I do a lot of thinking and praying while working out, actually, but it tends to fade into "dear lord, I feel like my arms are going to fall off..." :)

To be clear-none of the list above is complaining or being dramatic-It was just funny to think that my life is quite compartmentalized right now into very specific areas. Hmm. I must say-I have had more "me time" than I had in grad school which is cool, because I can stay up and talk to that special lady down in Missourri without having 20 different things on my mind-which is great.

Anywho-Going to the Packer game this weekend and hoping for a big, and much needed win against the Lions. GO PACK GO!

To close-here's a poem that one of my residents gave me last year at about 4 in the morning when I was in my office doing work-I keep it posted in my office because it hit me in a big way-to keep a christ centered life- and that this isn't and shouldn't be about me. I am insignificant without faith. So here you go:

"In love" might mean to offend.
"In love" means for real having your best interest in mind.
A manual for me? Mirror love to me. When you don't see me giving the same back, question Me on IT. And the capital M will go lowercase again.
Open dialogue should follow and understanding be achieved.
Love never needs commencing.

Blessings all.

Jake

1 comment:

  1. I think you're special, too, and appreciate those nights up late talking with you more than you know. You are a blessing! <3

    ReplyDelete